cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rogier Peters <rog...@hivemind.nl>
Subject Re: Copying files with a transformer?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:25:49 GMT
Hoi Geert,

Copying as a side effect of a transformation is somewhat of an
antipattern - iirc.
OK, now that i'm reading more closely I see what you want - use the xml
in the pipeline as a kind of script that does the copying. I don't think
there's a transformer like that yet. Maybe you could even make an
AntTransformer, so you can reuse Ant's copy/move/zip/etc. functionality.
Of course you're still in the side effect transformation trap.
Another way would be calling helper classes from flowscript. Again you
can use Ant classes: I did something similar with an array of files
returned by the Ant DirectoryScanner, which gives you a lot of filtering
and wildcards-operations for free.

Groet
Rogier