cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Copying files with a transformer?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:34:18 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to this list, so forgive me if I'm blunt or off-topic..

On the Cocoon users mailing list, there were some questions about copying files. We came up
with
solutions like using the copy-source actor, flowscript or perform an include and write it
again
using sourcewritingtransformer.

I personally like the transformer alternative, sounds more dynamic to me than the others.
But
including and serializing requires generating SAX out of the source and streaming it again.
One
might be able to do this even with binary files, but wouldn't it be nicer to for instance
allow the
sourcewritingtransformer take a 'src' feature? (as an alternative to the 'fragment' feature,
or as
an attribute of the fragment element?)

Or have I simply overlooked a transformer that already provide this kind of functionality?

Cheers,
Geert

--
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50