cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [docs] "docs" Ant target
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:26:18 GMT
David and I have talked what has to be done to integrate the automatically
generated docs into the new docs repository. He reminded me that we shouldn't
lead this discussion in private but on dev@cocoon. (Sorry guys, it started with
a slightly off-topic question and it has grown bigger, and bigger ....)

David Crossley wrote:

 > Reinhard Poetz wrote:

 >> After looking at cocoon/trunk/tools/targets/docs-build.xml I have to admit
that I don't understand the purpose of this, except that it builds the
sitemap-components docs.

 > It copies all the source xml docs to a work directory, generates the
 > important source for installing/jars.xml file, runs the SitemapTask to
 > read the userdocs/*/*.xml and append other content that gets generated
 > from the java sources, and i think that it might also copy the generated
 > javadocs. Then the user runs 'forrest' which is configured in forrest.properties
 > to read the sources from the temporary directory which was generated by
 > the 'build docs'. The process to build
 > I cannot properly see from here, but if you have re-arranged the location
 > of the sources, then the cocoon/trunk/forrest.properties will need to be
 > modified. The forrestbot config might not need to be changed.
 >
 > There is no point making changes to the forrestbot until this
 > can be run locally. If you can do 'build docs; forrest' .

I'm going to be off-line until Wednesday next week, but then I will have a look
again at the doc target and will try to fix it. If somebody misses the old 2.2
documentation - it moved to cocoon/whiteboard.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc