cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [RT] A Unified Environment Model?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:30:27 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> The important thing for the "modules" is to provide script friendly
> access of environment data in a simple way. I assumed that the easiest
> way would be to support "POJO" interfaces with get and set methods and
> Maps so that it would be easy to use for the reflection parts of ELs and
> scripting languages, but I don't know that much about it.

You may want to look at:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/context/ExternalContext.html

Basically, what they did, they abstracted out servlet API:
   request.getParameter()
   request.getAttribute()
   request.getSession().getAttribute()

Into POJO / Maps, EL friendly interface:

   context.getRequestParameterMap()
   context.getRequestMap()
   context.getSessionMap()
   context.getApplicationMap()

Having something like that (parameters/attributes access via maps) in Cocoon
environment probably is not a bad idea.

Vadim