cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] A Unified Environment Model?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:11:36 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

> Sorry, I should have missed something. What is the purpose of a service
> interface that just returns an object. Why isn't this object the
> component itself? Just like the current OM contains the request and
> response objects, and not proxy components that give us access to
> request and response.

The request and response objects are put into the OM hard coded. If we
want to have a more dynamic way, we need to "register" some factories
that are able to create objects and these objects are then stored in the OM.
If I understand you correctly you want to put the factories into the OM
directly - but than every request has the same starting object. And in
addition it might be that some objects are not available for each
request. For example a user objects is only available if the user has
logged in etc.
So, imho we need some dynamic factories.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/