cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status.xml in trunk
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 08:16:16 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Is there any reason why we duplicate all release/action entries that are valid
> for 2.1 and trunk?
>
> If there is no objection I will remove all entries that belong to 2.1 in
> trunk/status.xml.

In theory there is no reason as everything that is applied to 2.1 should
also be applied to trunk. But unfortunately people forget about it which
results in differences between the two versions. With two separate
status.xml files we have a little tool to see if something has been
applied to 2.1 that hasn't been added to trunk as well - of course if
someone does not update status.xml in 2.1 then we won't see it anyway.

So, if we take more care when applying things I'm +1 for your idea.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/