cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Pattern convertor - Bug?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:23:52 GMT

If I use a pattern convertor according to the documentation

<fd:convertor type="formatting">
   <fd:patterns>
     <fd:pattern>MM/dd/yyyy</fd:pattern>
     <fd:pattern locale="nl-BE">dd/MM/yyyy</fd:pattern>
     <fd:pattern locale="fr">dd-MM-yyyy</fd:pattern>
   </fd:patterns>
</fd:convertor>

I get following exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern  character 'd'
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.translatePattern(SimpleDateFormat.java:1737)
	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.applyLocalizedPattern(SimpleDateFormat.java:1792)
	at org.outerj.i18n.JdkDateFormat.applyLocalizedPattern(JdkDateFormat.java:23)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.convertor.FormattingDateConvertor.getDateFormat(FormattingDateConvertor.java:109)

(I've modified the birthday widget of our 'form1'-example and I'm using trunk
checked-out yesterday. I've noticed the same problem in a 4 weeks old 2.2
checkout too.)

Any ideas what's wrong here? Is it a bug or my mistake?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc