cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <>
Subject Re: widget data type
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:21:31 GMT
On Dom, 20 de Marzo de 2005, 8:48, Giacomo Pati dijo:
> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>> On Vie, 18 de Marzo de 2005, 14:43, Giacomo Pati dijo:
> <snip/>
>>>Actually we use different i18n catalogs in the same page (menu catalog,
>>>business term catalog, etc.).
>> And special catalog for every list, is this a good idea at all? Can we
>> define it at the sitemap level?
> That doesn't solve it. As said, we have pages which uses more than one
> catalog for i18n things (actually I don't know if one can specify
> several catalogs in the i18n-transformer step of the sitemap).
>> Well, for sure you know better your requirements than me. I just wanted
>> point out some idea I had while reading the attributes. As I told
>> before,
>> I am +1 for this enhacement.
> Ok, I'll summarize before I commit the changes:
> My proposal		Revised proposal
> -----------		----------------
> @nullable		replaced by 'if( exists( @null-text ) )'
> @null-text		@null-text (can be an empty string)
> @null-text-is i18n-key	@null-text-is-i18n (cannot find anything better)
> @label-is-i18n-key	@label-is-i18n (same as @null-text-is-i18n)
> @i18n-catalog		@i18n-catalogue I'd like to keep the 'i18n'
> 			prefix for clarity as I don't feel catalogue
> 			itself associates per se with i18n or we decide
> 			to not have his attribute at all.

Overall OK. Can be posible to use a i18n namespace for the i18n
attributes? I am afraid the names are too verbose. Just an idea:

Since @null-text-is i18n-key and @null-text-is i18n-key are of type
[yes|no], then can we use one attribute called @use-i18n. The content of
this attribute can be the name of the other 2 attributes, ie:

@null-text-is-i18n --> @use-i18n-in="null-text"
@label-is-i18n-key --> @use-i18n-in="label"

When we need it in both, then:

@use-i18n-in="both" or @use-i18n-in="null-text,label"

I know we are running out of time. This is again only a suggestion. Please
decide you the best in this case.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

View raw message