cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building docs in 2.2.0
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:09:19 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:

> >>I cannot understand what you are saying there. Rewrite Forrest?
> >
> >Well, kinda yes.
> >
> >Basically, if we're going to have dynamic docs within Cocoon, we need
> >"something" that can display the source documents that we have. And I
> >don't know what that "something" is. Otherwise, we'll have to start
> >distributing a static version of the site with our distributions.
>
> Rewriting Forrest sounds like a big waste of time. Why can't we integrate
> Forrest? AFAIK the Lenya project wants to go this way - this should work
> for us as well.

So that sounds like a Cocoon Block for Forrest. Mmmm, i cannot
get my head around that one. We would be pleased to have you
clever dudes help.

The excellent plugins infrastructure that Ross has been spearheading
is very quickly reducing the Forrest core. We have the plugins
deployed at apache.org and users can automatically download just the
bits that they require. Looking good.

--David