cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Larson <...@keow.org>
Subject Re: Supported and unsupported blocks
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:46:10 GMT
On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 01:25:35PM +0100, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> >Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> >
> >>I propose to reflect these lifecycle-states in our SVN directory
> >>structure.
> >

> >Why do you think directory structure is required here at all? What's
> >wrong with plain list of all blocks in one directory?
>
> IIRC the idea was to give a quick overview of the current status. Having a
> list iwth 50+ blocks makes it more difficult.

This overview can be accomplished in better ways than by inducing
churn in the svn archive as projects change state.

Why not just make the current state of a block be reflected in its
meta-data and then use this to generate documentation pages with
separate lists of the groups of blocks in different states?

--Tim Larson