cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] "docs" Ant target
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 05:34:50 GMT
I will not have much time to help with the docs re-organisation,
but i will do what i can.

Here is a list of the changes that i have made to the forrestbot
configuration.

For those that didn't know about it, there is a demonstration
Forrestbot which automatically builds the documentation every
six hours. Cocoon committers can also trigger it manually.
http://brutus.apache.org:36366/forrestbot-webapp/

cocoon-block-portal
-------------------
This was called "cocoon-doco-portal" which used sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/doc-repos/portal-block
Now it has been renamed to "cocoon-block-portal" and uses sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/portal/documentation

Is each block going to have a separate forrest configuration?

cocoon-doco-global
------------------
This uses sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/doc-repos/global
This is the new whiteboard docs for the top-level Cocoon website.

cocoon-site
-----------
This uses sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/site
This is the current docs for the top-level Cocoon website.

Is "cocoon-doco-global' supposed to replace this?

cocoon-trunk
------------
This was the documentation for trunk 2.2 docs. I don't want to remove
the forrestbot configuration for this, because it was a huge effort to
get it to build. We might need some of this configuration for the new
"cocoon-2-2" docs when it is building the "userdocs" again.
The forrestbot builds have been disabled.

cocoon-2-2
----------
This was called "cocoon-doco-2-2" which used sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/doc-repos/2.2
Now it has been renamed to "cocoon-2-2" and uses sources from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/src/documentation
which replaced the original content.

People can still build each site locally (need forrest-0.6+ installed).
e.g. cd trunk/src/blocks/portal/documentation; forrest
e.g. cd trunk/src/documentation; forrest

Reinhard, when you are back, we can try to fix the building of the
"userdocs" and installing/jars.html in "cocoon-2-2" ...

--David