cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agssa.net>
Subject Re: Cocoon Performance Woes, Is it flow? I don't know!
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:01:38 GMT
Hi Eric:

I have no time now to read all the answer you got. Some points:

1. java 1.4.2_06 is buggy -> update to 1.4.2_07
2. Flow is slow is FUD. I recently read a comparision between diferent
scripting languages and rhino is the fastest one. The performance is very
good. So I don't think Flow can be a bottleneck.
3. Maybe this could help, but not sure: Yesterday I compiled a new version
of xalan. I also put the target of all the code to java 1.3 innstead of
the default (java 1.1) and just replacing the lib seems like the same
application is noticeable faster. I want to update cocoon with this newer
xalan version but cannot update right now (freeze time before release).

Maybe later today I can find more time to see to the problem closer and
perhaps give you some more advices.

Please give my greetings to JP. ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

On Jue, 17 de Marzo de 2005, 11:30, Eric E. Meyer dijo: