cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ReloadingClassloader events
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 06:19:44 GMT
Le 21 févr. 05, à 21:56, Torsten Curdt a écrit :

> ...How do I get hold of that instance of the classloader
> so I can you can subscribe to the events?...

> ...     if (cl instanceof ReloadingClassLoader) {
>        ((ReloadingClassLoader)cl).addListener(object);...

Sounds right, the reloading is dependent on a given ClassLoader anyway,
so it seems to make sense for the ClassLoader to be the (maybe
indirect) source of events.

Also, I think the event must include the Class object that is being
reloaded, or at least its fully qualified name, so that subscribers can
filter out events if needed.

I don't know if cascading events are needed - does a ClassLoader need
to listen to events from its parent ClassLoader and fire them to its
listeners as well? I'd tend to say yes but don't have a specific use
case to back this up ATM (it's only 7:20 AM here though ;-)

-Bertrand