cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Version $Id$ style for xml files (Was: SVN behaviour with "Id" keyword)
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 14:48:28 GMT
Hi,

On 2 Feb 2005, at 16:38, Tim Larson wrote:

> If nobody objects within then next little bit, I will use:
>   <!--
>     Any text already present...
>     (A blank line between the text above and the version below?)

I wouldn't worry about the blank line. It's not needed in Javadoc.

>     @version $Id$
>   -->
> At least it will be a simple standard, and we could do an
> automated textual replacement if we feel the need later.

... and we can extend with more syntax later.

Sounds good to me ...

The other issue is should this actually belong in the semantic content
of the XML file. But I guess the revision of the content and the SVN
revision of the file itself can be different things, depending on the
content.

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/