cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] move cforms in core
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:54:55 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
>> I'd like to hear why you think cforms should not be a block.
>
> Because having it as a block makes it really hard to answer the
> question: what is cocoon and what does it provide me.

Hmmm...

> I think it's useful to have a list of things that cocoon comes with and
> a form handling framework is something that *must* be part of the core.

Code-wise, putting cforms in the same java build of the cocoon core is
wrong, as it does not enforce proper layering. I mean, the Cocoon core
should not depend on cforms, /code-wise/.

So, from this POV, cforms should still be a separate compilation step
after the cocoon core; this does not mean that it has to be a block.

It's not the first time that we come up with the need of a separate
compilation step without making it a block (remember the "module"s?).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -