cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: CForms patch: allow multiple characters() SAX events within one element
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:33:02 GMT

Julien Oster wrote:

<snip/>

  > Luckily I finally found what was wrong: the way the XMLAdapter class
for
> the CForms XML Binding handled SAX characters() events.
>
> Inside an element, so, visually spoken, between an opening and a closing
> tag (<foo>...</foo>), the data is passed to SAX listeners as
> characters() events. All data can come as one event or as multiple events.
>
> The XMLAdapter characters() method handles one event well, but when
> anything between the original SAX event source and the XMLAdapter
> decides to split up the events, any subsequent characters() event was
> just overwriting the former parts of the whole value.

Yes it is my understanding that multiple calls to characters() are
possible while parsing one element, so the parsing class should support
it. I saw some bugzilla traffic about this a few months ago but i
couldn't find the exact bugID anymore - maybe someone else remembers.

Thanks for the patch. Please record it into bugzilla
(http://issues.eu.apache.org/bugzilla/) so it doesn't get buried under
the normal mailing list traffic.

Regards
Jorg