cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:09:06 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> So, again: everyone is invited to join the party. Open Source is either
> driven by itch scratching (well, not always, but that's not important
> here), so if it itches, do something about it, that's all I can say.

+1

I'll also like to add that committers should learn to not interfere with
others' work unless it's *against* the good of Cocoon, and not only
because it's not what he/she simply prefers.

A good positive example is how Stefano let Actions get into Cocoon even
if he was not sure about them. They were of use and a better alternative
came up anyway.

A good negative example is how how I blocked error handling features and
site pass-through stuff. With time I needed them and also took part in
putting them in.

If committers were more tolerant on non-critical changes that other do,
then committers like you, Carsten, would not feel in danger of being
blocked by "death by discussion".

             - verba volant, scripta manent -