cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:12:36 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> This is why I think we should make an effort to think about how we can
> solve this time/cognitive-energy discrepancy between the scripting and
> the java try/fail cycle.

+1

In fact, for users, xslt in Cocoon is cool because you get instant
feedback, and the current sitemap has really made things fly because
changes are active right away.

For the core developers, AFAIK, there is only one way of dealing with
this, and it's modularization. Smaller blocks are easier to understand,
and faster to build and check. Forrest has seen revived interest since
we have inserted a rudimentary plugin architecture.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -