cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [proposal] move cforms in core
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 14:41:50 GMT
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:05:21 +0100, Stefano Mazzocchi
<stefano@apache.org> wrote:
> Ralph Goers wrote:
> > Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> >> The more I go around talking about what cocoon is, the more I think
> >> that cforms should not be a block. This also requires the 'template'
> >> system to reside in the core.
> >>
> >> So, here is my proposal:
> >>
> >>  1) move cforms in core
> >
> > I'd like to hear why you think cforms should not be a block.
>
> Because having it as a block makes it really hard to answer the
> question: what is cocoon and what does it provide me.
>
> I think it's useful to have a list of things that cocoon comes with and
> a form handling framework is something that *must* be part of the core.

Please no.  We don't need cForms for our work.  Other people may not
need it either.

Having it in a block doesn't somehow remove it from Cocoon.  You can
still tell people that Cocoon has built in forms capabilities and you
can make it very easy for people to get them.  However, bundling
cFroms into the core makes the opposite much harder.

--
Peter Hunsberger