cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:17:55 GMT
Il giorno 16/feb/05, alle 00:32, Stefano Mazzocchi ha scritto:

> You can test the input and output of a pipeline, but this is exactly
> what I do with my browser when I hit it! Sure I can automate that when
> it's ready to know what is broken or not later on, but it's not unit
> testing, is functional testing... and helps when you are doing
> modifications, but doesn't help at all when you are implementing new
> features (or merging different existing ones).

Excuse me if I'm still flogging a dead horse, but I just found this
pertinent quote:

"Another way is to write tests as you develop, in particular to use the
act of passing tests to drive development of code. It's often easier to
stay productive when you have something concrete to aim at, which is
exactly what a test provides."

http://www.dehora.net/journal/2005/02/programmers_block.html

Everything else I could say on this particular subject has already been
said by Gianugo, so I will say no more :)

Coming to the rest of your RT, I pretty much agree with what you wrote.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://agylen.com/blojsom/blog/