cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pauljamesruss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The Silkworm Experiment
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:49:27 GMT
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:24:48 +0800, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> If you want a little bit of 'peer review', and some infrastructure both in
> form of subversion as well as 'real-block capable container', you are most
> welcome over at Digital Product Meta Library.

Do you have a URL for this? Google seems to be drawing a blank right now!

I have already cut /some/ of the code for the Silkworm kernel, just as
a proof of concept (I don't believe in promising the unachivable, so I
checked my facts before writing that e-mail). I have this code in a
private subversion repository already.

Currently the code that's already written is just tested using JUnit.
I think what I'll probably do is continue in private for the next few
weeks to get the Kernel to a level where it fulfills all the basic
functionality documented in the e-mail, but without writing many
components over the top of it. Once the kernel is actually there, and
can be run in a servlet container, the whole thing becomes much easier
to explain to other people. At that point, assuming it all still hangs
together, I'll find someone public to host it, and we'll see if it
sinks or swims.

What's written so far is Apache licenced (even if it's not in a public
location yet!), and I'd like to keep it that way if I can.

Does that seem like a reasonable approach?

Paul