cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <pauljamesruss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] The Silkworm Experiment
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 01:03:21 GMT
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:04:08 +0800, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> [...]
> But I am also with you that SilkWorm is a far too big step, which never will
> get enough momentum to fly around here. But it IS fun to speculate, discuss
> wild ideas and so on... All kids are setting out to conqueror the world, over
> and over again :o)

... calling me a kid? ;o) I wish..! Thanks for your support though.
Personally, I think this is do-able, but I agree that it's not 'easy'.

I guess I come from the perspective of not really being closely
involved in Cocoon anymore -- pouring my time into silkworm isn't
(wasn't) a sacrifice for Cocoon, but I agree that having other people
do so would cost too much.

Maybe I'll continue experimenting with it in my own time -- worst
case, I waste my own time, best case, something useful comes out of
it, and then everyone benefits. That okay with people? I'll keep it
out of the way of here though to avoid distracting people (unless it
turns out to be worthwhile, obviously).

P.