cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Ezkovich <g...@hard-bop.com>
Subject Re: JXTG macro calling
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:41:49 GMT

On Feb 26, 2005, at 2:05 PM, Leszek Gawron wrote:

> Glen Ezkovich wrote:

>>> Do you mean the "p" param as attribute? Yes, it's useful, because
>>> IMO <jx:withParam> is just as overly verbose as XSLT, to which JXTG
>>> is supposed to provide a simpler replacement ;-)
>>>
>> <jx:withParam> is overly verbose, "p" is not verbose enough. How
>> about "param". How are multiple parameters to be handled?
> thing is that every instruction is matched to a class. so you have:
>
> <jx:macro name="something"> <!-- matched to StartDefine -->
>   <jx:parameter name="param1" default="abc"/> <!-- matched to
>                                               StartParameter -->
>   ${param1}
>   <jx:evalBody/>
> </jx:macro>
>
> then when calling:
> <jx:call name="something"> <!-- matched to StartCall -->
>   <jx:withParam name="param1" value="bcd"/> <!-- matched to
>                                             StartParameterInstance -->
>   <jx:withParam name="param2" value="edc"/>
> </jx:call>
>
> We cannot have two instructions bound to the same jx:param or we will
> again introduce dependencies in Parser.

I understand. I think I misunderstood the example. :-(
So <jx:call macro="${macroName}" p="foo" q="bar"> would be how multiple
parameters would be handled. Makes perfect sense now.

Been reading to much code with single letter variable names lately.
Driving me a bit nuts. 8-)

Glen Ezkovich
HardBop Consulting
glen at hard-bop.com