cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Real blocks - What have we reached so far?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:22:03 GMT
On 13 Feb 2005, at 15:39, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> There is one question we have to ask ourselves: what is the target
> release for real blocks? I think we agreed that it is *not* 2.2, so
> I'm not sure if we should introduce the blocks.xml in 2.2. I see the
> potential danger that this is a signal to introduce blocks in 2.2
> already and then this might delay a first release of 2.2 for a long
> time.

Nah, I wouldn't feel they're an appropriate target for 2.2. IMVHO
there's still a _lot_ to think about the structure of "real" blocks and
how that impacts cocoon....

Being (probably) the only user of the kernel ATM, there are still
several issues that personally I feel must be fixed, in the core of the
idea of blocks themselves... I can't yet quite put my finger on what's
wrong, but definitely there is something in the current code I don't
like, something structurally flawed...

But that's only my 0.02 £...

	Pier