cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <>
Subject Re: [RT] Configuring Cocoon
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:36:46 GMT
> The problem with cocoon.xconf is that it is part of the war file.
> This
> makes it very difficult for our operations folks to change it since it
> will get over-ridden each time the app is redeployed.

Doesn't have to be. The location of the .xconf is specified in web.xml
(now, if you ask me, it could well be a system property). This is how
exactly how we handle different configurations: they are stored
elsewhere (actually version-controlled inside the project itself) and
referenced by the web.xml setting. Same for logkit.xconf.

Gianugo Rabellino
Pro-netics s.r.l. -
Orixo, the XML business alliance:
(blogging at