cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OJB Block: Mark as Stable
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:19:40 GMT
Hi Vadim

I have very little experience of OJB, but I did use it for persisting
the QueryBean in trunk.
I have only used the PB API.

On 23 Feb 2005, at 22:02, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to propose following plan towards stable OJB block.
> Currently, OJB block has:
>
>   * OJB Logging integration with Cocoon logger
>   * OJB Connection pooling integration with Cocoon datasources
>   * OdmgImplementation component provides access to ODMG API
>   * JdoPMF component provides access to JDO API
>   * PBFactory component which is pass through to the
>     OJB PersistenceBrokerFactory static methods.
>
> Proposed plan to stable OJB block is:
>
>   * Remove PBFactory component.
>     Its only purpose is passing through calls to the static methods
>     of corresponding OJB API, it has no additional value. It seems as
>     unnecessary overcomponentization to me.

+1

I used the PBFactory component, but I agree, it is largely pointless.

>   * Rename OdmgImplementation to ODMG [1] - use upper case characters
>     for acronyms.

+0

>   * Rename JdoPMF to JDO. It can be even generalized to instantiate
>     any factory class, not only OJB JDO factory.

+0

>   * Mark it as stable.

+1

> Thoughts?

Please take a look at what I did in trunk with regard to splitting
repository.xml into repository_database.xml and repository_user.xml,
adding repository_internal.xml and adding support for OJB Sequences to
HSQLDB setup script. Without these changes, I could not get much
working

regards Jeremy

                                 IT IS NOT FROM ME

                         Always check the label, folks !!!!!