cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: JS versus Java [was Re: FOM inconsistency (was Re: [VOTE] Unrestricting
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:20:24 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

<snip/>

>> Furthermore Chris made it possible to use parts of FOM in a
>> systematic way from both Jexl and JXPath in JXTG. So that you could
>> do things like:
>>
>> ${cocoon.session.user.id}
>> #{$cocoon/session/user/id}
>>
>> Now after the "improvement" you must do:
>>
>> ${cocoon.session.getAttribute('user').id}
>> #{getAttribute($cocoon/session, 'user')/id}
>
> Wrong, wrong, wrong and wrong. You can still write the abbreviated
> form. Rather than criticizing, please try it by yourself and look at
> the code.

I based my comment on:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110942199227672&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=110942689620304&w=2
and the discussion beween you and Chris.

If the abbreviated form works again, (or worked all the time) and we are
going to continue to support it, I'm happy.

/Daniel