cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] CTemplate
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:01:37 GMT
Glen Ezkovich wrote:

> They will always find a special case where this is most expedient or
> only solution they see because they don't realize that there are other
> more appropriate solutions. Making this configurable just adds one
> more complexity to the equation. I suggest that it be decided one way
> or the other. If you want users to be able to hang themselves by
> writing Java code in their templates if they choose, let them. If not,
> don't.

The problem is, it isn't our place to be prohibiting this. This is a
policy decision user's of Cocoon need to make. You can be sure that in
my organization I would have a policy that prohibits enabling this
feature, but I am also sure that there are plenty of folks who don't
share the same view and consider the ability to invoke aribitrary stuff
from a template a necessity.  In that sense it has to be configurable,
because I want to absolutely be sure the feature cannot be used and not
rely on folks voluntarily complying.