cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JXTG macro calling
Date Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:05:16 GMT
Glen Ezkovich wrote:

> On Feb 26, 2005, at 7:18 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>> Another question:
>>> Do you think this syntax would be useful?
>>> <jx:call macro="${macroName}" p="bar">
>>>     <content b="${2+3}"/>
>>> </jx:call>
>>

>> Do you mean the "p" param as attribute? Yes, it's useful, because IMO
>> <jx:withParam> is just as overly verbose as XSLT, to which JXTG is
>> supposed to provide a simpler replacement ;-)
>>

> <jx:withParam> is overly verbose, "p" is not verbose enough. How about
> "param". How are multiple parameters to be handled?
thing is that every instruction is matched to a class. so you have:

<jx:macro name="something"> <!-- matched to StartDefine -->
   <jx:parameter name="param1" default="abc"/> <!-- matched to
                                               StartParameter -->
   ${param1}
   <jx:evalBody/>
</jx:macro>

then when calling:
<jx:call name="something"> <!-- matched to StartCall -->
   <jx:withParam name="param1" value="bcd"/> <!-- matched to
                                             StartParameterInstance -->
   <jx:withParam name="param2" value="edc"/>
</jx:call>

We cannot have two instructions bound to the same jx:param or we will
again introduce dependencies in Parser.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl