cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: svn commit: r155189 - in cocoon/trunk/src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/jxtg: instruction/StartDefine.java script/Parser.java script/event/StartInstruction.java
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:58:14 GMT
Leszek Gawron wrote:

> lgawron@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: lgawron
>> Date: Thu Feb 24 06:56:13 2005
>> New Revision: 155189

>> Log:
>> every instruction is being notified of end of parsing. No more Parser
>> dependency on StartDefine. We can introduce configurable tag set now.
>
> I cannot find the relevant thread: do we want our instructions'
> configuration to reside in sitemap or be set up in cocoon.xconf?

Neither ;) Vadim suggested somewhere that we should do it as in the
treeprocessor, i.e. there is a configuration file
o.a.c.components.treeprocessor.sitemap-language.xml that is included
with the resource protocol in
o.a.c.components.treeprocessor.DefautlTreeBuilder and
o.a.c.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor. IIRC Stefano and I and
maybe some others found that a good idea.

It makes it easy enough to modify things while it at the same time
indicates that JXTG has a predefined set of instructions. Furthermore I
don't think we should consider the internal interfaces in Template
stable until we have implemented at least one more language (the
attribute template language) in it. Before that it can contain to much
constructions that ties it to ideosyncrasis in JXTG whithout us knowing it.

/Daniel