cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject OJB Block: Mark as Stable
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 22:02:20 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to propose following plan towards stable OJB block. Currently, OJB
block has:

   * OJB Logging integration with Cocoon logger
   * OJB Connection pooling integration with Cocoon datasources
   * OdmgImplementation component provides access to ODMG API
   * JdoPMF component provides access to JDO API
   * PBFactory component which is pass through to the
     OJB PersistenceBrokerFactory static methods.

Proposed plan to stable OJB block is:

   * Remove PBFactory component.
     Its only purpose is passing through calls to the static methods
     of corresponding OJB API, it has no additional value. It seems as
     unnecessary overcomponentization to me.

   * Rename OdmgImplementation to ODMG [1] - use upper case characters
     for acronyms.

   * Rename JdoPMF to JDO. It can be even generalized to instantiate
     any factory class, not only OJB JDO factory.

   * Mark it as stable.

Thoughts?

Vadim

[1] http://www.odmg.org/