cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] - Remove pizza.jar
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:38:00 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> On Mie, 23 de Febrero de 2005, 10:09, Reinhard Poetz dijo:
>
>>Antonio Gallardo wrote:
>>
>>>pizza.jar. The project seems to be dead long time ago. There were no
>>>releases since I can remember.
>>>
>>>I requested long time ago to remove it. But seems like some people still
>>>used it at that time. I think currenlty people is using the eclipse or
>>>the
>>>javac compiler. Currently, we (as java developers) are slowly moving to
>>>java 1.5 and I don't see the need to have another compiler in the
>>>distro.
>>>
>>>Please cast your vote.
>>
>>+1 for removing it in trunk, in 2.1 we should deprecate it
>

> Hmm? But who is using it? Need we ping the user list just to check?
>
> What about remove the pizza.jar now and just deprecate the only 1 pizza
> java component class?

following our policies we shouldn't remove something between patch-level
releases (2.1.6 --> 2.1.7) . Regardless whether somebody is using it or not.

We shouldn't give our users the impression that things can change between
patch-level releases and that they can safely update.

I know this sounds a bit strange for the pizza compiler ...

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc