cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] move cforms in core
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:42:08 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Just like other people, I think distinguishing "core blocks" is a good
> thing to show people where to look at while still keeping the core small.

I'm sorry, but I think the "core block" idea is plain wrong and smells
of over componentization.

If we *all* agree that something is required (which is what a 'core
block' appears to be) then we should not allow people to live without it.

We need to have an answer to what "cocoon is" and what basic features it
provides. Having everything optional is diluting our brand and making
documentation and marketing harder.

--
Stefano.