cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] move cforms in core
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:52:22 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> The more I go around talking about what cocoon is, the more I think
> that cforms should not be a block. This also requires the 'template'
> system to reside in the core.
>
> So, here is my proposal:
>
>  1) move cforms in core
>  2) stop considered 'alpha' and decide to release it when cocoon 2.2
> is ready (how far are we from stabilizing cforms anyway?)

I'm currently working on it (despite being on vacation, but hey, that's
when I have some spare time) and already implemented a large part of
what's in the stabilization page on the wiki [1].

BTW, I would be happy if people could refrain to modify CForms this week
as I touched a lot of files and I'm on a slow modem connection which
doesn't allow frequent commits and merges. Thanks!

>  3) rename jxtemplate as CTemplate and moving it in the core as well
>
> Comments?

Just like other people, I think distinguishing "core blocks" is a good
thing to show people where to look at while still keeping the core small.

Sylvain

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/22StabilizeCocoonForms