cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [heads-up] Block builder available
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:27:36 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> Can't comment on this in particular, but whatever we do, we should
> make sure that we only have *one* place where we define dependencies
> and IMO this can only be block.xml.

Yes.  maven wants it in project.xml.  However, in our environment we
actually have the dependencies in individual files such as
commons-logging.xml. We then added
-Dorg.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration=org.apache.xerces.parsers.XIncludeParserConfiguration

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
in .mavenrc which then allows us to put

   <xi:include
href="../../frameworks/dependencies/thirdparty/commons.logging.xml"/>

into our project.xml.  I don't see why block.xml and maven's project.xml
couldn't share the same definition.

> The block-builder uses this information to build and package the
> project, create the Eclipse project defintion and soon to create the
> .cob file and the Gump project descriptor gump.xml.

I just don't understand why we need a block-builder.  Maven already will
do all this if you want it to. In addition, it will create IntelliJ
projects and run checkstyle reports, code coverage reports and a whole
other slew of plugins.