cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] move cforms in core
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 16:21:38 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> The more I go around talking about what cocoon is, the more I think that
> cforms should not be a block. This also requires the 'template' system
> to reside in the core.
>
> So, here is my proposal:
>
>  1) move cforms in core
>  2) stop considered 'alpha' and decide to release it when cocoon 2.2 is
> ready (how far are we from stabilizing cforms anyway?)
>  3) rename jxtemplate as CTemplate and moving it in the core as well
>
> Comments?

Hmm, given the fact that Cocoon is more and more used in the web
application area, this makes sense.
On the other hand, blocks have the advantage that their release cycle is
not tied to the release cycle of Cocoon (not today, but hopefully
someday). So, fixing a problem in CForms (or adding a feature) and
making a release is ihmo much easier when it is a block. Don't know what
is the best way.

jxtemplate is already in the core.

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de