cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads-up] Block builder available
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:58:20 GMT
Ralph Goers wrote:
> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>

>> We could also, as a convenience have a /cocoon/blocks-trunk that just
>> contains external links to all the blocks/*/*/trunk.
>>
>> /Daniel
>>
> I hesitate to even ask this, but could the directory structure under
> trunk be
> /block
> /samples
>
> Then I could put a project.xml in each and be able to do maven
> multiproject:install to build both or just build the block without the
> samples.  This would also make it apparent that the block itself does
> not have dependencies on other blocks while the samples would.

Can't comment on this in particular, but whatever we do, we should make sure
that we only have *one* place where we define dependencies and IMO this can only
be block.xml.

The block-builder uses this information to build and package the project, create
the Eclipse project defintion and soon to create the .cob file and the Gump
project descriptor gump.xml.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc