cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [heads-up] Block builder available
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:04:39 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>
>> The autentication-fw, session-fw, cron and html block can be found at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/supported/
>>
>> You can check them out by
>>
>> svn checkout blocks
>

> I'm sorry, but this won't work - it's not sustainable in the long (and
> even short) term. You can't expect folks to checkout *all* versions,
> *all* branches, of *all* blocks. Some, probably, won't simply have
> enough hard disk space, or internet connection time!
>
> Daniel's guess on checkout looks way more sane to me:
>
>   svn checkout
> https://.../cocoon/blocks/supported/authentication-fw/trunk \
>   authentication-fw
>
> I'd suggest some naming convention in addition to this:
>
>   svn checkout
> https://.../cocoon/blocks/supported/authentication-fw/trunk \
>   cocoon-authentication-fw
>
> But asking people to checkout .../cocoon/blocks is too much, IMHO.

Currently only 4 blocks have been moved, but in general, you're absolutly right.
The block builder should work indepenently from where you check out your blocks.

(Currently the property blockbuilder.root would have to be set as commandline
parameter. I'll add support for a system property too so that you don't have to
type this path for every call :-) )

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc