cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [heads-up] Block builder available
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:34:00 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> The autentication-fw, session-fw, cron and html block can be found at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/blocks/supported/
>
> You can check them out by
>
> svn checkout blocks

I'm sorry, but this won't work - it's not sustainable in the long (and even
short) term. You can't expect folks to checkout *all* versions, *all* branches,
of *all* blocks. Some, probably, won't simply have enough hard disk space, or
internet connection time!

Daniel's guess on checkout looks way more sane to me:

   svn checkout https://.../cocoon/blocks/supported/authentication-fw/trunk \
   authentication-fw

I'd suggest some naming convention in addition to this:

   svn checkout https://.../cocoon/blocks/supported/authentication-fw/trunk \
   cocoon-authentication-fw

But asking people to checkout .../cocoon/blocks is too much, IMHO.

Vadim