cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:04:49 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>> How could we integrate such feature more
>> into the core!? ...some RTs?
>

> It should trigger a sitemap reload (together with its container). And
> if this is one of the "core" classes, it should trigger reloading of
> top-level container (the one which is currently above the root sitemap).
>
> So some sitemaps should have an ability to have a class loader,
> classes directory and listen to changes in those classes. When one of
> the classes changes, it reloads. Such sitemaps can be named "block
> root sitemap"

Or more simply, we could allow every service manager to have its own
classloader, be notified of any changes that occur within its classpath
and reload itself automatically. This could apply both to the main
service manager (cocoon.xconf) and every sitemap, whatever its nesting
level.

<rt>
There's a problem though with objects that may be referenced from other
places than the service manager, such as session and context attributes.
Such cleanup can be performed by some reload listeners, or better, using
special Session and Context wrappers that can do that cleanup
automatically by tracking the classloader that was holds the class of
attributes.
</rt>

Sylvain