cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] How scripting made me hate java
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2005 10:38:14 GMT
Ok, folks. I've added a ReloadingClassloader
to jci which we could use for Cocoon. It
reloads classes from a specific repository.

Now the idea is to point it to the Eclipse
output directory so once you compiled your
classes in eclipse they would be available
to Cocoon right away.

...still we have the problem that with old
class references. Especially with the service
manager holding references to the old
version of components.

In order to really use this for components
we would need to notify the service manager
and also the components that a new class
and/or a new components needs to be reloaded.

How could we integrate such feature more
into the core!? ...some RTs?

cheers
--
Torsten