cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Moving blocks
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:44:42 GMT

This afternoon I've started to move some selected blocks:

- authentication-fw
- session-fw
- cron
- html

Cron and html are blocks don't require other blocks to build. Authentication-fw
depends on session-fw. This will give me the chance to test my build system that
will respect those relations. In my sense all those blocks are well supported by
the community but making a decision whether they are supported, core or not was
not my goal. We can discuss this later in a separate thread.

As those blocks are not under heavy development I don't expect (too many)
problems. I have not tested yet what happens with local changes after the block
is "mounted" using svn:external. Any experiences? If there are troubles we need
some migration strategy (means code freeze).

Could some people pls report back whether there have been any problems on
updates? (Escpecially be careful if you had changes in one of the four moved
blocks. In this case, sorry for any inconveniences!)

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc