cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Write binary data to output stream from flow
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:03:57 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 11:11 +0100, Bart Molenkamp wrote:
>
>>Yes, it makes even better sense.
>>
>>Would such a more generic, JXPath oriented stream reader be a valuable
>>contribution to Cocoon?
>

> I haven't read the complete thread in detail, but the existing module
> and/or xmodule sources of Cocoon might do what you need, if you use them
> in combination with the flow-attr input module.

Not quite - the flow-attr input module is helpful, but the xmodule
source seems to inherently assume that the object in the flow attribute
can be serialized as XML - here the object has a getInputStream() method.

But a source similar to that, a StreamSource, could serve the same
purpose in combination with the flow-attr input module. But, for some
reason, this approach makes me feel a little uneasy.

Regards, Upayavira