cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Write binary data to output stream from flow
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:18:41 GMT
Bart Molenkamp wrote:
> Maybe it is even better to have a source that can lookup mimeType,
> contentLength, inputStream from the context using JXPath expressions?
> Then one could use the ResourceReader to serve the content, and use the
> source in other places as well. The only difficult thing would be to
> configure the Xpath expressions... Would that be a good idea?

You could configure the source in the cocoon.xconf, specifying the
JXPath expressions there. So yes, you could do it with a source. But I
think they're better placed in the sitemap, thus as a reader.

Otherwise, you could have a source such as:

stream:/my/path/to/JXPath/Object(application/zip)

But that seems to be abusing the URL metaphor a bit too much for me.

Regards, Upayavira