cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Cocoon PMC report, February 2005
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:54:47 GMT
I'm really sorry for this late report. For some unknown reason, I
thought the board meeting was to be held next week.

So here's the February 2005 report for the Cocoon project.

- Cocoon 2.1.6 has been released in November. This is a maintainance
release. Cocoon 2.2 development is going on, and we reduced its original
scope to allow for an earlier release as it already includes a number of
much wanted improvements.

- The Java continuation engine and Java compiler interface that had
being written in Cocoon have been moved to the Jakarta commons sandbox
(JavaFlow and JCI) because we felt they could be used in a number of
other contexts and may attract other developpers.

- there's an ongoing effort to refactor our documentation and its
writing process, at the poor structuration of our docs is a major
problem for newcomers.

- a new french-speaking user list has been created as an answer to the
fact that many Cocoon-related questions where asked on other
french-speaking lists and forums.

The legal issues related to the Mozilla Rhino fork supporting
continuations are solved, as we now use the latest official version
which has continuation support.

PS: cc'ing pmc@ for archival and dev@ to keep the community informed