cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving blocks out of the core
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:15:01 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:

> Sometimes I think that "real blocks"
>
>  [...] is another instance of something that is becoming an anti-pattern:
>  "stating the solution before stating the problem".

This is true. I agree completely with that, in fact, the observation
came after deep and long thinking sbout exactly how the real block
design was so complete yet so far from current needs that nobody (not
even myself) was willing to sit down and spend the time/effort to
implement it.

Real blocks are still very avalonish in that sense: they were designed
for elegance rather than optimization of effort.

that's why I've tried to vote +1 to any incremental change, even if
suboptimal, instead of beating the "thou shall have real block" dead horse.

But sometimes I can't help to think about how much cooler coocon would
be with them ;-)

--
Stefano.