cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Pietschmann" <dev.sen...@gmail.com>
Subject VG Parameters are deprecated as of as of 2.2.0-Dev/2.1.6-Dev
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:09:49 GMT
Hi there,

I've just started writing a new ImageReader with much improved functionality
(using jmagick somehow) and I just stumbled upon this in the ResourceReader
implementation:

# public void configure(Configuration configuration) throws
ConfigurationException {

#         // VG Parameters are deprecated as of 2.2.0-Dev/2.1.6-Dev

#         final Parameters parameters =
Parameters.fromConfiguration(configuration);

#         this.configuredExpires = parameters.getParameterAsLong("expires",
-1);

Could someone of you give me a quick note what that means? What should I
keep in mind when implementing my Reader? What does the VG stand for? And
does this somehow affect the way I'm retrieving parameters from the request?

Thanx a lot,

Stefan