cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: VG Parameters are deprecated as of as of 2.2.0-Dev/2.1.6-Dev
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:17:02 GMT
Stefan Pietschmann wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I’ve just started writing a new ImageReader with much improved
> functionality (using jmagick somehow) and I just stumbled upon this in
> the ResourceReader implementation:
>

> # public void configure(Configuration configuration) throws
> ConfigurationException {
>
> #         // VG Parameters are deprecated as of 2.2.0-Dev/2.1.6-Dev
>
> #         final Parameters parameters =
> Parameters.fromConfiguration(configuration);
>
> #         this.configuredExpires =
> parameters.getParameterAsLong("expires", -1);
>
> #          …
>

> Could someone of you give me a quick note what that means? What should I
> keep in mind when implementing my Reader? What does the VG stand for?
> And does this somehow affect the way I’m retrieving parameters from the
> request?

Er, a little help - as much as I know:

VG = Vadim Gritsenko

There are two ways of configuring a component at component creation time
  - via <map:parameter> nodes within the component definition, or with
"Configuration" nodes, embedded within the component definition node. My
reading of Vadim's comment is that, as of the mentioned versions, the
Parameterizible interface should not be used - configuration nodes
should be used instead - use the Configurable interface for your component.

Does that make any sense?

Regards, Upayavira