cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon-reload bug
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:58:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> latest checkout from 2.2, turn "allow-reload" true in web.xml and when
> I hit a page with 'cocoon-reload=true' I get an IllegalStateException:
>
>   The cocoon-ehcache-4 Cache is not alive.
>
> which goes away as soon as I reload it.
>
> I can't be the only one hitting this.... how do you guys develop on
> cocoon without reloading?

I hit this also a few weeks ago and invistaged a bit: the problem comes
from EH's CacheManager which is a singleton that holds all caches (only
one for Cocoon). When Cocoon is reloaded, CacheManager.shutdown() [1] is
called which invalidates the cache instance. I suspect a race condition
where the cache is still used when shutdown() has already been called.

I hadn't time to investigate further though.

Sylvain

[1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ehcache/ehcache/src/java/net/sf/ehcache/CacheManager.java?rev=1.21&view=auto