cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Moving blocks out of the core
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:34:31 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> The more I think about it, I come to the conclusion that moving the
> blocks out of the core seems to be a good way to procede.
> (Moving files with SVN is easy and the history etc. is preserved).
> (Of course we should only move things for 2.2 - 2.1.x should be left
> untouched)
>
> Now one benefit of course is that our core gets smaller, but that's
> not really a reason to move things.

What exactly does this mean?  That the cocoon download does not contain
any blocks?  If users have to now selectively download blocks in
addition to the cocoon core I think you'll just end up with a bunch of
frustrated users.  If, on the other hand, the core consisted of little
more than what is needed to build the webapp and downloaded all the jars
for the blocks then you'd have something.

Ralph